Winter brings the joys of devouring cold ice cream in cold whether and comfort of hot chocolate with warm fuzzy blankets. But it also brings the harshness that damages the soft tissue of our lips.
Winters are synonymous with dry, cracked, chapped lips. While everyone suffers from this discomfort, some do suffer more than others. Here are some quick and easy ways to maintain health of your lips and keep them soft and smiling :)
1. Stay hydrated!
We often forget to drink water in winters and dry lips is usually first sign of dehydration. Drink enough water to keep your lips, skin and hair hydrated and prevent excessive dryness.
2. Mild exfoliation
The lip tissue is much more delicate than rest of our skin. Although satisfying, scrubbing lips can cause damage and cuts to the tissue. If you want to exfoliate your lips anyway following following steps to prevent bleeding & wounds.
- Lightly moisten your lips with a lip balm or cold pressed oil.
- Take a soft napkin and dip it in warm water (no too hot). Remove excess water.
- Gently rub your lips in small circular motions to remove dead tissue.
- Don't apply too much pressure.
- Apply lip balm again to help heal the lips.
- It is best to exfoliate after shower and only when needed.
3. Ayurvedic hack
The best way to keep your lips soft and moisten is by applying a drop of cold pressed sesame oil in your navel. You can apply it immediately after shower or at night to maintain healthy lips. Cold-pressed oils are light weight and non-greasy and hence won't remain sticky. Sesame oil is highly nutritious and detoxifying and most recommended in Ayurveda texts.
4. Lip moisturizers are your best friends
Use petroleum free lip balm to keep your lips nourished. You can use our organic, vegan & cruelty free, not to mention delicious lip moisturizers as many times as you like. Do not forget to use it before you go to bed to wake up with soft and nourished lips.
5. Follow an avoid list
- Never lick your lips. It will dry your lips even more and darken the lips and skin around.
- Use silicone free & safe make up. Lips are super sensitive in winters and are prone to cracking. It could leach harmful toxins into the skin. You can choose our safe & zero waste lip and cheek tints made with organic vegetable colours for your everyday make up needs.
- Do not over exfoliate. Do not exfoliate more than once a week. It is best to do so only when needed and unavoidable.
Rustic Art Lip Moisturizers are natural, vegan, cruelty free and organic. It is prepared from 100% natural oils and butters, which last for longer hours and keep the soft tissues of the lips nourished.
Don't let your lips be sealed. Speak up for the environment!